Wednesday, September 12, 2012

This and That

I am in the middle of my 3rd week of my 2nd year of PT school and the work is pilling up, but I have made time to workout, sleep and see friends.

Last weekend my friend Rebecca came into town to take part 2 of step 2 of her boards for Med School. She was only a hop, skip and a jump away at LAX, so I drove up there to keep her company and help her study for her test. We did this by going out to dinner in Marina Del Rey and drinking beer. The next day (after her test) we walked around Venice Beach. I forgot how much I like Venice Beach, but it was a beautiful day and I am glad we got to hang out there.




Photo credit: Rebecca

On Sunday I ran 6.2 miles with a friend. This was probably one of the hardest 6 miles I have ever done. I thought it was going to be easy since the week previous I ran over twice that distance, but I made my friend, Leslie, stop 3 times to walk. I guess I was not fully recovered from my half marathon. I have been itching to run this week, so I think my legs are fully ready. Do you ever have days when you really feel gravity?

The rest of the week has been uneventful. I am trying to stay on top of my work and get 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night, but with facebook, How I Met Your Mother, and blogging as great procrastination tools, it isn't as easy as it seems.


Here is a little something to end on. This week in my Ortho class we learned how to "crack backs" Obviously this is not the technical term (it is called mobilization or manipulation if you want to be correct), but pretty much everyone does this to friends when their backs are feeling off. Now I know how to do it "correctly!" Yay!

That has been my week thus far. Isn't school exciting?

No comments:

Post a Comment