Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bon Voyage

Carpe diem! The California Adventure has drawn near...I approach this journey with trepidation yet so much excitement!
Packing my clothing. Of course I had to pack them in rainbow color
My shipping containers which Ben, Steven and Chris packed :)
I wanted to send a special thank you to my folks for hosting such a wonderful going away party! Karaoke, great food, and wonderful friends! Special shout out to Rebecca, Blair, Vicki, Chrissy, Kristen, Lance and Maggie; grateful for your gifts and tremendous support. And of course, Pilkdaddi - such a fantastic party host! He also pulled out an impressive rendition of the 80’s song ‘I think we’re alone now’.

Thanks for the fun and the wonderful present!


The delicious cake Rebecca got for my going away party

The checklist has been decimated! Cruised Pike Place, consumed adult beverages at a Mariners Game, smashed on Paseos and enjoyed the Theo's Chocolate Factory. Such a fun last month in Seattle!
Wine tasting at Chateau St. Michelle and Columbia Winery




Mariner's game. I think they lost, but we had a great time



Seattle Skyline from Gas Works Park
I am truly thrilled to have the opportunity to be attending Chapman University and am so excited about the impending road trip to Southern California!

The tentative plan:
Pinot Noir tasting in Oregon’s Willamette Valley with Nichole and Trevor
Crater Lake and subsequent stay at Patrick Creek lodge 
Camping near Redwoods
Napa Valley wine tasting and dinner
Santa Barbara (Maybe More wine tasting - Do we see a theme)
LA...
Final Destination - ORANGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment