Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Exercise, Baby Shower & Fun

Break is coming to an end and I head back to California on Saturday. And even though I am excited to see all of my classmates, I must admit I am not excited to see the school. Okay I am being dramatic. Next semester means I am one more semester closer to being a PT.

After I recovered from Nichole and Trevor's fantastical wedding weekend, I spent the next week sleeping in, going to much needed appointments (like the dentist), and working out. I am running the Disneyland half marathon over labor day and let's just say before break I hadn't run longer than 4 miles. So these three weeks have also been dedicated to me getting in shape for this race.

I decided that the best way for me to do this was to do two-a-days. This way I can build up the miles and my endurance without putting quite as much stress on my body. I would run in the morning and do yoga in the afternoon. Or I would bike in the morning and run in the afternoon. My most painful experience was going to personal training with my dad and then running right afterwards. I did manage to run 10.11 miles with my mom and it surprisingly felt great.

Okay so here is the meat and potatoes of my last two weeks...

Thursday, Shelly and I headed to University Village in Seattle with our bicycles and biked a round trip of 35 miles to Woodinville. In Woodinville we part took in drinking beer at Redhook and tasting wines at J Bookwalter tasting room and Columbia winery. For some reason the ride back was much easier than the ride there :)
Beer samples at Redhook

Shelly and I at Columbia winery

Saturday morning was the day I ran 10 miles with my mom. We ran on Mercer Island which is extremely hilly. I am hoping that running hills will make the race through Anaheim and Disneyland seem easy since the race is completely flat.

After running, I quickly showered and headed to Chelsea's Baby Shower.

The momma with friends

We played games. One of the games we played was guessing the circumference of Chelsea's belly. Rebecca was the winner. Although I think she had an unfair advantage because she just had her OB/GYN rotation ;)
The girls who came the closes to guessing Chelsea's belly circumference

Awesome wrapping

The loot




The shower was really fun and I am so excited to meet the little man in about a month.

Sunday was filled with wedding dress shopping and a BBQ. My mom, sister (MOH), and Rebecca (bridesmaid) went with me to look at dresses. I may have found the one, but that is all I am saying :)

We headed back to my parent's house after dress shopping to prepare for our BBQ. The weather was just right and the food was delicious.

With my last few days of freedom I am trying to see as many friends as possible, sleep in, and finish the book I started reading before school starts. So hit me up if I haven't seen you.

No comments:

Post a Comment