Monday, August 20, 2012

R & R

I have had a glorious 2 weeks of rest and relaxation after my 1st year of PT school. As stated before, my vacation started in Sonoma drinking delicious wine with wonderful friends. The next two weeks after that have been equally as amazing.

The first week was spent catching up on sleep and exercising. Then on Thursday Aug 9th, I packed up my car and drove (all by myself) to Spokane for Nichole and Trevor's wedding weekend. The drive went smoothly for the first 2 hours. I sang disney, enjoyed the beautiful scenery, and was making really good time until I hit the city of George in the Gorge. This is where I got pulled over and received a speeding ticket. Here is the sad thing, I have gotten a speeding ticket at that exact same spot before. I guess I don't learn from my mistakes :)

I called my sister and Chris crying, but then shook it off. I was not going to let anything ruining my weekend. I made it to Spokane just in time to check in to my wonderful hotel, the Davenport, change and head up to Beacon Hill where the rehearsal was taking place.
After the rehearsal we headed to dinner. Since Chris couldn't take Thursday off of work (he was flying in later), another bridesmaid, Laura (who's husband was also coming in later) became my date for dinner. The food and company was great.

The beautiful bride and the handsome groom
The next day was filled with getting our nails did and a fun BBQ for all the guests.
Ladies getting their nails did
The beautiful bionic bride

Nichole and I at the BBQ

Laura (AKA my rehearsal dinner date) and I pretending to ride bikes
Chelsea (about 8 months pregnant) and I at the BBQ
Ballin' Nichole and Trevor's personal wine labels
The next morning was the big day. I met Nichole and the bridal party at Urbana Salon where we got our hair and makeup done. Everyone looked amazing.

Now all that was left to do was wait for the big moment!
There was Champagne waiting for us at the bridal suite
 Beacon Hill was coming together nicely for the ceremony and reception
 Nichole's beautiful dress
 The bridesmaid dresses
 Popping bottles
Nichole getting her Makeup done
 Cheers to Nichole and Trevor!!!


The floral arrangement



The outfit is complete
The ceremony was beautiful. The temperature was perfect, one of the groomsmen played the guitar and sang a song, and the readings were perfect for Nichole and Trevor.

Next up...the reception. I think pictures do a better job of telling how much fun we all had.
Lance and Kristen enjoying dinner

Maggie and Dan


Karl and Vicki sharing cake

Comparing food baby bump to actual baby bump


Teach me how to duggie 
Lance, How low can you go? He is the king at limbo 
The ladies of Kappa


Woodruff Sisters!





I don't know what is going on here, but it looks fun






Some people can't hang :)
The night was amazing. I think the party ended at midnight, but who knows what time it really was. I was sad when I woke up on Sunday and had to go home. At least I had a car buddy with me on the way back and I am happy to report that I did not get another speeding ticket.


No comments:

Post a Comment