Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving Week

This past week was Thanksgiving. We had a brutal presentation on Tuesday and a final right after that. The presentation was for my ortho class and we were "presenting" to doctors, so we came up with a Physical Therapy clinic and I created a website for that clinic: http://leanonourshoulderpt.blogspot.com/ - just for laughs, here it is. The presentation was nerve racking, but at least I had fun making this website!
Tuesday night after the beating, I headed home to Seattle!

The weather was cold, crisp, and at times, rainy, but I loved every second of it!

Plus I got to see friends and family!
Including all of my cats. This is George!

On Saturday after Thanksgiving I completed my 26th half marathon: The Seattle Ghost Half


And here is the medal to prove it (and it is a beer opener). The Seattle Ghost half marathon is the "ghost" of the Seattle half and full marathon from 26 years ago. It was the same route and on Saturday until the current Seattle Marathon changed to the Sunday after Thanksgiving and starting/finishing at Seattle Center.

This was a really nice race. Only about 300 people can sign up. There is a half marathon, full marathon, and for those crazy folk, a 50k. It is along Lake Washington Blvd from Seward Park to Leschi and back, so not only is it beautiful, it is completely flat. I highly suggest this race to anyone who is looking to avoid the crowds, burn off some Turkey dinner, and loves beautiful scenery. http://www.nwultras.com/ghost_main.htm

There were 2 water stations, so I brought my own water bottle, but at the end of the race there are bagels and cream cheese (typical post race food), coffee, hot dogs, chili, chicken noodle soup and beer. Amazing, especially after running 13.1 miles and especially at 10am!
When I got home, I placed my new medal in my collection of medals. I am missing 5 from this board (two are hanging on my wall in California and three are Tiffany necklaces), but it is fun to look back at the races that I have done and how much fun they have all been.

I am currently back in Orange where I have 2 practical tests this week and 6 finals next week, but then I am done for 3 weeks! I have been spending a lot of time at school studying and so have all of my classmates


I don't think this classmate made it. Oh well, at least they don't have to go through finals week.

No comments:

Post a Comment