Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sorry for the Delay

Life has been coming at me full force.  Let me catch you up on the past couple of weeks. There have been a few events since I last blogged.

1st of all, the middle weekend I was in San Fran, Chris flew into town on Thursday Nov 11th, and a few girl friends and their significant other flew into Berkley on Friday night. I met up with them after work. It was a quiet Friday night and we went to bed before midnight.

The reason for all the Seattle peeps flying into the Bay area was because we were doing the Nike Women's race (2 of us the 1/2 marathon, 2 of us the full). The expo was a little crazy and I didn't really stick around after I picked up my bib because it took me an hour just to get that. But the race was great! Chris and I stayed 2 blocks away from the starting line, the weather was wonderful and as always, the scenery can't be beat. I did a moderate time, but I wasn't looking to push myself. I officially finished my 25th half marathon once I crossed that finish line and got my shinny Tiffany's Necklace/Medal
Entertainment as I was waiting in line to get my race packet




I really love the medal and I have been wearing it as much as possible.

After the race, my friends and Chris went back to Seattle, but I had one more week of work, exploring the city and hanging out with my brother.


Ben and I watching the Seahawks game at a bar
I have always wanted to run to the Golden Gate Bridge, so my brother and I ran there the Wednesday after my race. I think it was about 7miles, but it felt good.
 The picture is a little blurry, but I was excited to check off my list run to the Golden Gate Bridge.

After an amazing two weeks in San Fran, it was time for me to leave. 1st stop, Seattle. Actually 1st trip...to the Oakland airport...On Friday the 19th, my plane took off from Oakland at 8pm. I got off work late that day and still needed to pack when I got home. At 6:20pm, I realized that I needed to leave for the airport. Andy, Ben's roommate and one of Chris's buds, drove me to the Bart station downtown (driving to the airport would have taken longer). Luckily the train I needed pulled up as soon as I got there. But we only made it a few stops and the train stopped for what felt like an eternity (probably was only 5 to 10 mins). It was now almost 7pm and I should be at the airport already. Once the train started moving again, a woman (named Annie), stood next to me. Since I am a chatty person, I struck up a conversation with her. It turns out that her 18 y.o. daughter goes to Chapman. I also asked her how I can get from the Bart station to the Oakland airport. Long story long, it requires a shuttle and $3 cash, which my pockets were empty. Annie (the stranger, not me), reached into her wallet and pulled out all the cash that she had. It was $2, and insisted that I take the money. She felt horrible that she didn't have an extra dollar. That is when a man stood up and gave me a dollar. Here I am, probably looking flustered, and two strangers reach out and give me their kindness. I told both of them that I was so appreciative and didn't even know how to say thank you, except that I am going to pay it forward at a greater magnitude.

I managed to make it to the airport at 7:55pm and my flight was delayed. I didn't know that, so I ran with my luggage to the far end of the airport and realized that they hadn't even started loading the plane. At least I made it.

The next night was Mike and Emily's wedding:
The ladies at the wedding


The whole gang

It was a beautiful wedding. Chris and I definitely took notes.

I flew back to Orange the next day for a week of school and then Chris flew into town for Halloween. I will sum up the weekend with pictures:












The mask to Chris's wolf costume (team Jacob)
Friday night party with the classmates
Saturday night party with the homies (team Edward)
It has been a busy few weeks and I didn't even bore you with the details of all my school work. But the past few weeks were definitely fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment