Wednesday, October 10, 2012

San Francisco Dreamin'

Last week sucked. I had 3 tests, 1 practical and a quiz. And to top it all off, I was really sick.


It was a bad week. I needed lots of carbs and sweets to eat.

But that is all over...

I am up in the bay area for a 2 week clinical at California Pac Med Hospital. I have always wanted to live in San Fran, and I think this is a great way for me to have my cake and eat it too. I drove up with my roommate, Lauren, who showed me a lovely time around the east bay (Oakland and Pleasant Hill).

Here are some pictures of San Fran from a hill top in Oakland.






 A lovely street in Oakland
 Amazing Ice cream shop in Oakland. "Fentons"
 View of San Fran from Oakland

I made it into San Fran on Sunday night right before the start of my clinical. So far the whole experience has been great. My commute is an easy bus ride less than 20 mins away. I am working in in-patient rehab which means that I work with people who have just had a stroke or complications with surgery. I got to treat my first patient all by myself today. It was exhilarating. The days go by fast and I am having so much fun. I really like in-patient rehab because it is a nice mixture of ortho and acute care PT. Plus you can wear scrubs which is about the same as wearing PJs or yoga clothing.

I really enjoy San Francisco. I love the way big cities feel. After work I took the Muni downtown. Public transportation is so convenient. When I got off the train downtown, there were so many people. The city is so alive. Plus all the old buildings have so much character. I met my brother downtown at his office.
Here is my bro working on what ever he does at work :)

Then we went went to happy hour


My brother and I drank martini's at the House of Shields in the Financial district in downtown San Fran

 We walked up Montgomery...and saw the Transamerica Pyramid.






Down town San Fran
Photo Credit: Ben Short
And when we finally made it to the top of Telegraph Hill across from the Coit tower. The view of the Bay Bridge was absolutely beautiful.
Photo Credit: Ben Short
Ben and I ate at a delicious pizza place at Tony's Pizza Napoletana in North Beach. My brother and I got meatballs, beer, caesar salad and a huge Italian Style pizza. We got so much food that I definitely have lunch and dinner tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment