Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Back to the Daily Grind

My month off is over and now I am back in So Cal working hard! Right now I am at a clinic full time. My schedule is MWF 7am-7pm & Tuesday 9-1pm. Long days, but so far so good. I just have to tell myself "fake it till I make it." I had a patient that I worked on all by myself today and I wouldn't say I made stuff up out of the blue, but I definitely tried to sound more confident that I really am. I think she bought it ;)

My December was relaxing and fun. I may or may not have spent the first 2 weeks waking up late, sitting on the couch, and watching TV. I think my brain and body were exhausted. After recovering from finals (2 weeks later), Chris and I headed to Portland to meet up with some friends and meet a new (little) friend, Jayden.
This is Chelsea and her little baby boy Jayden. I was so excited to meet him. He was excited too, because as soon as I picked him up, he threw up all over me. For some reason, baby vomit is not as bad a adult vomit.

We headed out to the Zoo to see animals and lights. The night was chilly, but it was fun to see all the decorations and even some furry animals.

The group at the Zoo

All of us have a little animal in us
A few days later, back in Seattle, it was CHRISTMAS. I got my first stocking ever!

Christmas was fun! This was my second Christmas ever and I am excited to start this new tradition

Christmas Eve games with Marilee

Permanent Red Solo Cup (notice the stem)

Colonel Sanders?

White Elephant gifts galore

Avery and I

Chris being goofy

The Pilkey Brothers with Grandma Lol
After Christmas I managed to go skiing twice and hiking as well.
 Here is a lovely picture of me skiing at Crystal Mtn
 The magnificent Mt Rainier as our back drop
 What a beautiful blue bird day at Crystal!
Mt Rainier from a hike that Shelly and I took! - Poo Poo Point
Skiing at Alpental. Not as sunny as Crystal, but still fun!

Lastly, NYE! I was lucky enough to get invited to a friend's "cabin" a little south of Seattle. 20 of us drove down, brought alcohol and food and packed into a 3 bedroom house. It was perfect. I did not want to spend NYE at a bar and I was able to fall asleep at 12:30am on 1/1/2013. Yes I am a total dork, but at least I made it to midnight.

That was my break! Now I am going from sleeping 12 hours a day to working 12 hours a day (1st world problems - I know).

Here is a picture to leave you with:
Mickey and George love sitting in these boxes. It is just too cute.

Did you have any fun Holiday plans or trips?


  1. Loved seeing you and happy you got to meet the little man!!! Sounds like Winter Break success overall...did the baby vom come out?

    1. I think so. My coat doesn't smell and there are no white crusties. For some reason baby vom isn't as bad as adult vom :)

  2. Looks like a really great break :) I had my second xmas experience too and I am also excited to start this new tradition. I had my first tree this year! Like you, I also had a low key NYE at a friends house. I just went to Mammoth and snowboarded for a few days, which was awesome, just got back Monday. Sounds like we had some similarities in our vacations! Only difference...I wish I was back in school! So excited to hear you've started your clinical, I want to hear more about it! Let's get together soon! Check out my new blog!!