Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sick as a Dog

I have been laying in bed for the past 2 days, this is the first time I have been vertical (and by that I mean sitting up) for more than 20 mins since I laid down Monday night. Everyone in my clinic was sick, the people that work there and the patients, so I was bound to get sick. I thought I might get the sniffles because that is what I usually get when I am sick, but was I wrong.

My big adventure yesterday was getting out of bed, heating up some soup to eat and then heading to the couch to fall back asleep. I was half afraid I was going to die and half hoping I would die because of how horrible I felt.
my hang out spot for the past two days

Above are my two companions. They have kept me company in my time of need.

There are some benefits to being sick:
1.) I got to catch up on my sleep (even though it was fever ridden, it was still sleep).
2.) I saved money because I didn't eat as much as I normally do the past couple of days.
3.) I probably lost some weight, one from not eating as much and two from coughing so much, I burned calories and gained some abs.
4.) Now when I work in a hospital, I will have empathy towards my patients when they say they don't feel well and don't want to do physical therapy, I will know how they feel and not make them work as hard.

I am feeling better, but not quite 100%. I have to mail a letter and the thought of standing up seems miserable, but who knows, maybe I'll have a moment of strength.

Here is a little something to leave you with that is happy:

Guilt Free Banana Ice Cream
Not the prettiest picture, but it was delicious. I found this recipe off pinterest (AKA heaven). 

If you have banana's that are overly ripe, peel them, cut them into slices and freeze them over night. The next day, blend them. Add anything you like. I had some chocolate caramel pieces that I added, but the "ice cream" is delicious by it self. It tastes like real ice cream. Plus there is no milk in it, so if you are lactose intolerant, this is a great way for you to eat "ice cream" I highly suggest trying this. 

Okay, time to head back into bed. Sorry if there are some grammatical errors, I am still a little groggy, but hey, I am getting back to my normal self.

No comments:

Post a Comment