Monday, July 8, 2013

Midterm Time!

My only excuse to why I haven't posted in a while is because I have had a few midterms, and on top of that, I have had some fun that kept me busy.

The last two weeks have rough and wonderful at the same time. Friday June 28th, I flew up to Portland to help celebrate Kissy French's Last Dance aka as Kylee's bachelorette party. I flew out of Long Beach airport, so I got their a little early to avoid traffic and decided it was time to start celebrating right then and there…
The rest of the weekend was spent dressing up 80's style, going to bars, eating at Pok Pok, singing karaoke, watching a drag show and then seeing male strippers. Here are some pictures from the weekend.


Our Wonderful 80's attire. 
The club we attended on Friday had a trampoline floor. So you had a little spring to your step. At first I thought the floor was collapsing, but then someone told me the reason for the bounciness.
The Club on Friday night. This is how I remember it ;)

These are the only pictures I can show from Saturday night.
Bride to be in white

Me singing karaoke! 

"Beyonce" at the drag show

Fireman stripper - yes he took off his jacket
Sunday morning, since I was in PDX, I decided to take a late flight out of town so I could see some of my college ladies. Bonus, a Seattle lady was in town as well, so it was a fun little reunion.
Chelsea, Nichole and I buying cupcakes for Jenny's second annual 28th birthday!

Kappa girls (minus Victoria) unite!
I was so excited to be able to spend time with these girls.

I flew home late Sunday night, crammed for a test and practiced for a presentation that was pending the next two days. Luckily right after that we had Thursday (4th of July) and Friday off. A much needed break!

Chris flew into town late Wednesday night, and I got to spend the entire weekend with him.

4th of July was spent in Newport Beach with some buds!
The crew!

Lots of beers flowing

'Merica! Fuck Yeah!


With my love
Friday was spent studying…Oh did I mention I had a test on Monday. Oh wait, not just a test, a final. So during the hot summer day, I spent it inside studying pediatrics.

Friday night, Chris and I needed to get out of the house so we went to a near by driving range. I suck at golf :)
 Saturday we woke up late and took a mini hike at Peter's Canyon in Tustin.
The view from the Vista Point
And after spending the entire rest of the day studying, Chris and I got some beers at Provision's in Old Towne Orange


We were a little hungry (and slightly drunk) afterwards, so we went to Felix's down the road. This is a little Cuban/Spanish restaurant with delicious food, huge portions, and wonderful prices. Needless to say I have wanted to try this place for a while and I was not disappointed. In fact, we had so much food, we had lunch the next day and it was just as good, if not better the second day.
My dish!
Chris left mid afternoon on Sunday and the rest of my day was spent cramming in the library.

Today (Monday), I took my final (I don't think I failed), came home, ran a hot sweaty 4.5 miles (hey, it has been a while) in 80 degree weather and then took a yoga class. I needed to sweat the studying out of me.

So that is why you haven't seen a blog from me in a while. The past two weeks have been a little stressful with all the tests and projects, but I know looking back that I will remember the fun I had and not the stress of having to cram for school.

YOLO! (Sorry, I had to throw that in there)

I have 3 more weeks left of this semester and…this year. Soon I will be a 3rd year (where has the time gone) and in my second clinical rotation.



No comments:

Post a Comment