Sunday, July 14, 2013

Bon Fires and Wipe Out

Well School has been stressful. This semester was easy breezy (well as easy as 7 classes can be) until this last month. Then all hell broke loose. I was so tired on Thursday that when my classmates were giving a presentation, I did not even attempt to keep my eyes open. It was good sleep though.

Finally this week was over, and on Friday afternoon, Leslie and I decided to do a 10 mile run since the rest of the week had been a good temperature for such an event. But about 2.5 miles into the run, the weather changed and it turned from a nice overcast to blistering hot. We finished, but not without some complaining and an ice stop along the way. Plus, I changed races…I went from white to beet red. Seriously, I never learn my lesson.

After relaxing for a couple of hours or so after our excruciating run (but hey, we did it), I headed down to Huntington Beach for a bon fire with my classmates.



It was a nice change in scenery and a great way to be able to relax for a little bit.

The night was complete with a BBQ and s'mores

Huntington Beach Sunset

I went home early and straight to bed because I had to wake up at 6am Saturday morning for a race. Okay, it wasn't a race, it was a 5k run, but it was well worth waking up that early!

This was the Ridiculous Obstacle Course (ROC) race. This run involves running a 5K with obstacles placed about every quarter mile. The obstacles included things such as jumping over barricades, monkey bars, rope walks, rope swing, trampolines, tires, and ending with a large water slide into the finish. They even had a Wipe Out style station called the wrecking ball. It was so much fun and I highly suggest participating in this event.

We had a team of 8 all from the Chapman DPT program and we dressed as Minions from Despicable Me.

Here is the before picture

This was after the race

The Silly Minion (burnt face and all)
We won these huge metals for our awesome costumes.
I may or may have not gone home after the run and took a nap from 1pm to 6pm later that day. Apparently school, running 10 miles, and then waking up early the next day to participate in a fun run is exhausting.

Needless to say, this weekend has been much needed and I am feeling much more relaxed and ready for the last 2 and a half weeks left of school.

What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment