Monday, July 25, 2011

The First Weekend of Summer

True to my goal, I am trying to have as much fun as I can before I leave. This weekend was definitely a fun filled weekend and even more amazing...SUNNY.

It started Thursday when Rebecca got off work at 2:30pm and called me to do a hike up Poo Poo Point. At the top I decided to do some yoga moves.

Arm Balance Pose
Not the greatest form, but hey, my back wasn't warmed up.

On Saturday morning, Chris and I headed out to Green Lake at 10am to competed on the kickball team "We don't kickball, we kick ass." It was a rocky morning. Our team didn't have our sea legs yet. But after lunch (and a couple of beers), we finally won a game. In fact, I even scored a run!

The best looking team on the field!

My victory beer after the tournament down at my dock
After kickball, Chris and I worked up quite an appetite, so something refreshing sounded delicious. We threw together a Cobb Salad for my family.

My amazing weekend didn't end there. On Sunday, I meet up with Chrissy to hike Mount Si. It was a hot day, but the view at the top was worth it. Plus our butt's got an amazing workout.
Chrissy and I at the top of the world Mount Si

The view of Mount Rainier from the top of Mount Si
Oh, you think my weekend ended there? Nope! After our scorching hike, Victoria met up with Chrissy and I to take a dip into Lake Washington. The water felt amazing, especially on my achy muscles. Apparently I am not in hiking shape even though I have completed two hikes this past week.

Hanging out by the water can be exhausting, so after working on our tans for a few hours, my mother and brother cooked up some burgers and chicken (props to Vicki and Chrissy for the amazing corn they made). Rebecca and Blair met up with us for dinner and it was still nice enough for us to eat dinner outside.

It was a great weekend! The only thing it was missing was seeing more of my friends, but hey, I have next weekend for that! And I finally learned my lesson and wore sunscreen (Yay, no burns this week)!

No comments:

Post a Comment