Sunday, July 15, 2012

My Best Friend's Wedding

This is the first weekend in a month that I wasn't traveling. I cannot complain about my traveling because they have all been to fun places with amazing friends, but a weekend of nothing to do was needed. Plus Chris was in town, so even better.

Let me catch you up on last weekend...

After a week of 2 tests (after Vegas this was extremely tough), I flew back to Washington Thursday night. The flight was uneventful and I was so tired that I immediately fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Friday morning I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed. It was the weekend of Rebecca and Blair's wedding! My whole family was invited and I told them that I wanted to get there early because the rehearsal started at 3:45. We ended up leaving around noon and it was an Odyssey to get there. Here is a synopsis of my travel to Leavenworth where the wedding was taking place. My brother and sister drove separately, so it was my mom, dad, Chris and I in the car. 1st we had to stop and get a coffee (before we even left the city we live in). In Cle Elum (about half way) we had to get gas and a snack. Here is where the trouble started. My dad's car started to loose power as we were driving, right at the bottom of Blewett Pass. For those who do not know what Blewett Pass is, it is a two lane highway that gains 4,100feet. We had no cell service and I knew I had to get to the rehearsal, so I told (more like demanded) my dad to keep driving. We crept up the pass going 20 miles an hour. Finally we made it to the top (still no cell service), so my dad had to put his car in neutral and coast all the way down to the other side. When we reached the very bottom of the pass we finally had cell service. We called my brother to come pick me up and he rushed over and to take me to Sleeping Lady where we were staying and where the rehearsal was taking place. I was the first person there (in sweat pants), but I made it. The trip should have taken 2.5 hours max, it took us almost 4, but I was there early (kind of) just like I said I would be.

The wedding was amazing. I am so excited for Rebecca and Blair and I was so happy to be apart of their special day. Here are some pictures of Friday and Saturday night.

The bride and groom at the rehearsal dinner

The bride and bridesmaids (minus Susan)

Chelsea and I on Friday night parting it up

The bros on Friday night

The beautiful flowers being put together by Kelsey and Maggie

Rebecca and Susan getting their hair did

Ginger: Flower dog, ring bearer, and cutie in her vail

Mother and daughter

Sisters!
The beautiful bride with her maid of honor/sister

Wedding tree drawn by Kris (amazing)
The wedding party in Leavenworth before the wedding

Cutting the cake

Chris and I at the reception

Cake topper
The entire weekend was spectacular. Leavenworth is such a fun town, the Sleeping Lady Resort is fabulous and there was so much love in the air (corny, sorry), I was seriously smiling the entire time I was there (expect right after the ceremony when I cried tears of joy).

Love you two!

No comments:

Post a Comment