Thursday, March 14, 2013

Impromptu Visit

Well kind of. It was slightly more planned out than that, but only slightly…Chris flew down to see me. I know I saw him the weekend before at home and mid February, but I did not get enough alone time with him, so we didn't tell anyone that he was coming down.

Chris flew into Orange at 10:30 on Friday night. The next morning we woke up late to a beautiful day and decided to walk around town. We happened upon a new cafe called Mead's Green Door Cafe. It is right on Chapman Ave near the circle. Check it out, it is really cute and they have great coffee. With coffee in hand, we walked around the circle, looked at antique shops, and attended the Saturday Orange Farmer's Market.

The rest of the day was spent lounging around and enjoying the beautiful weather.

Saturday night, Chris and I dressed up and headed out to eat at one of our favorite local restaurants in the area, Chapter One. This restaurant offers some unique and delicious options. The prices are on the higher end, but their food is wonderful. For dessert Chris and I ordered a red velvet cake doughnut. This is not just any ordinary doughnut, it was gourmet.
Plated beautifully with cream filling and a strawberry chocolate sauce, it tasted just as good as it looks.

The next day was just as sunny and beautiful as the last. We took advantage of the sunshine by playing tennis. Later that evening we made Pad Thai and coconut curry soup from scratch and got a drink at the Gastropub in the circle. Nothing too exciting, just good eats and delicious beer.

Monday was not as fun for me (I had a 12 hour work day), but Chris enjoyed it by playing bball and cooking me a wonderful dinner. I walked into the apartment after my long day to the table set for two and bruschetta apps waiting for me.

 There were more on the plate, but I ate them before I thought of taking a picture.

Dinner was just as wonderful. Chris made Chicken on a bed of eggplant cooked in balsamic vinaigrette, topped with sauteed tomatoes, capers, and olives, garnished with basil.
We enjoyed a lovely dinner and evening together.

I have a half day of work on Tuesday, so to my surprise, when I got home around lunch time, Chris had put together a picnic basket and we headed out to a park to enjoy our lunch.

Leftover chicken chopped with greens, red pepper, cucumbers, mushrooms topped with a balsamic vinaigrette. Yes, we also had a beer in the park. Shhhh, don't tell anyone.

The weekend was too short, but it was a wonderfully relaxing and romantic. Chris flew home that night :( 

I only have two more weeks left at the clinic but I have another visitor coming into town this weekend! 

It has been a busy but fun couple of weeks but they have been wonderful.

One last thing…I have decided to sign up for the OC Half Marathon that is on May 5th. Today is the last day to register at the cheaper rate. I promised myself that I would run a half before the end of May and 4 total by the end of the year. Let me know if you want to run this one as well. It is flat and along the beach. Not too shabby.

1 comment: